Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hanging Pictues

     So it's only taken us a month and a half, but we finally got some things hung up in our house to make it feel more like home. A few weeks ago we picked up our new table, and I love it. We had just gone to "window shop" for tables when we saw it, so I snapped a picture of the info and planned to keep it in mind for later. That's when the sale lady came up and told us she would check to see if it was on sale.....I am a sucker for sales, and it was like $300 off!! We couldn't turn it down so we made our purchase and it arrived a couple days later....I was even more in love with it once we had it set up and realized it came with a leaf that easily folds under the table.
      I love the chairs because there is no fabric on them....hello I have small kids...that would be a recipe for disaster. So I am really happy with everything about it!
      Now back to hanging pictures....I felt more inclined to do it now that we had a nicer looking table to finish the room. We picked up a mirror and a new frame for one of my paintings, and hung them up to finish the space. We have few other ideas down the road of things we would like to add....but little by little it will all come together.
I painted this about 10 years ago, and my mom had it for a while.. then we had it...then it was in storage....now it's out! We decided to get a new frame since the old one was broken.

This mirror is bigger than it looks....we couldn't even get it in our car! A nice stranger in the parking lot offered to bring it home for us!
I like the room and how it came together.

      Since we were in the process of hanging things anyways, we decided to hang up a bunch of our other pictures. My living room is the farthest room from completion, but it needed something in there to stop it from feeling soooo blah! We have a pretty good idea of the new couches we want in there, as well as an area rug and new entertainment centre. A small desk too eventually....and some bookshelves...like I said it needs a lot of work. But I knew that with all our plans, the pictures we wanted to hang would still work. And if I need to change it...we can worry about that down the road.
     I decided to do a gallery style display this time around, and I came across this brilliant idea on Pinterest. Simply lay out your design on the floor, trace the frames and where the nail marks go....hang your tracing, nail the nails and hang your pictures. Excited to try it I dug through my drawers and assembled my things. The only difference was...I decided to use parchment paper instead of wax paper.
     Rookie mistake.
They aren't joking when they say non-stick paper....the tape wouldn't even stick to it. Too bad I only had about three feet of wax paper left. :(   So the project went on hold over the weekend so I could go buy some more and set to trying again on Monday night! Success!!!!
Sorry its dark....we did it late at night!
It worked like a charm and Mike was a big help!


 And I love my wall now with pictures of our family!

     We need to get a few updated photos, and print some of the ones we have and eventually hang some more pictures elsewhere in the house, but I am excited with how things are starting to come together! Once our living room looks more exciting I will add some pictures of the full room too.
      p.s. Still LOVE my kitchen!!




No comments:

Post a Comment