Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crafting....

So I have been crocheting a lot lately. I have been doing a few other things than hats lately too. But I have been really forgetful/lazy with getting my camera out and I have usually just been taking pictures of things with my iPad. So I will apologize in advance for the poorer quality of photos in this series.The biggest project that I recently finished was the baby quilt for upcoming baby boy!
I have made blankets for my other children, but both of those were denim rag quilts. Without easy access to a fabric store, extra old jeans, and a sewing machine, that blanket was out of the question. But I had lots of yarn, and was happy to do that for now. I would still like to make a rag quilt too, but that can come later.
I tried a new stitch pattern, and really love it. I also tried something new, and not on the pattern, by adding my own border. Overall I am really happy with it.....it took a lot of hours.
I still did a few hats, on specific request. My brother wanted a minion hat for his upcoming baby, and I happened upon some bright yellow yarn for free! Doesn't get any better than that. Once he saw the one he and his wife wanted matching ones too.
Next up mike asked if I could make him a case for his guitar slides. So I whipped this up. It has two pockets, one for his slides, and one for extra strings and his tuner. I loved it so much I decided to alter the dimensions a bit to make a wipes case for the new baby. My last wipes case was really cute, but really girly. This will be cute, but very neutral! I made this pattern up completely, and was really happy with the outcome too, especially since I figured out the button holes. This pattern could very easily be altered for many things.


Though it isn't even started yet, Mason has also requested a new hat. His old one has a much looser stitch and ear flaps, and with the colder weather he has been saying it hasn't been keeping his head warm enough. So that is what is up next on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment