Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Snuggle Time

So every night possible, I take the time to have some one on one time with Mason!!! I recently had a talk with a close friend who is expecting her second child. With a busy toddler boy and expecting a girl, I knew exactly how she was feeling when she expressed her concern with loving baby num. 2 more!!! I was in the same boat!! How can you not love a cute, cuddly brand new baby girl???? She asked what I do to keep the balance? I told her that I have to really be aware of it and really think about it!!
Don't get me wrong!!!!! I LOVE my son!!!! But as any parent of a toddler can attest....they are busy and a lot of work!!! And my little girl is pretty much and angel!!! She has her moments no doubt but she is a doll!!! I am sure sometime within this year the terrible 2's will hit, but I am secretly hoping that it won't and she will just stay amazing forever!!
But back to my story.....I really try to take the time to let Mason know just how much I love him. Every night that I can I go in after prayers and stories and we have our snuggle time. I just love it!!! Some nights it lasts only 1 minute, and sometimes it is around 5! But we talk about our day and what we liked and I make sure and tell him a few things that he did that day that made me really happy. I think it is really good for him, and I know it is really good for me too. I need to remind myself how much I love him too. And every night before I walk out the door I turn back and tell him I love him sooo much!
The other thing I do every night is go into his room after he is asleep turn out the light and give him a kiss. And I just let all the love I have for him run through me!!! It is soooooo easy to love a quiet sleeping baby!!!
I am sure everyone has their ways of sharing the love, this is what works for me! Perhaps when my kids are teenagers I will be feeling all the love for my boy (I have heard girls are harder!! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment