Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Hair

It was high time that both Aubrey and I had haircuts! And I finally made it happen!
Aubrey was easy....I just had to pull out my hair bag, she willingly hopped into the chair and away we went. I think seeing haircuts is routine enough for her that there is nothing to fear!
She did awesome of course!
Sat perfectly still and no fussing!
It was definitely time to get rid of the mullet.
Even though it would curl up, it was just crazy messy all the time. Now maybe it will grow out a little more evenly! I think she looks super cute!

My hair on the other hand was going to be a little more tricky.....if I could cut it myself I totally would....and don't get me wrong...I still do my fair share of cutting on my hair, but to get a good straight cut at the back....it is best off if I let someone else do that! But WHO????
I kind of like my hair a certain way, and I often tell whoever is cutting it(usually a good friend)just how they should do it. Maybe I was a little annoying...I don't know....you would have to ask them!! :) Add to that, the student budget....it doesn't leave a lot of room for fancy hairdo's!! Groupon to the rescue!!! Haircuts here in downtown Toronto are pricey! Like $50 starting point for a women's haircut! I have *never* paid for a haircut in my life!!! It was always done at the salon I worked at or in trade with a friend! So I literally jumped on the Groupon deal for a $29 haircut at a respectable salon.
I knew I would be losing a lot of hair. After lightening it in June, and then
not getting it cut for 6 months(gasp!!!!) my ends were FRIED!!
This was my hair before the cut....it may not look that bad...but trust me IT WAS!!!!
I totally feel for you all having to go out and find a new stylist!! STRESSFUL!!! The one I got was nice though and did an okay job.... I knew the moment she said she was done that I would be "touching" it up at home!! I lost a good 4-5 inches at the salon, and even though I didn't touch the length....this was the pile that came off after I got home!!!
ha ha ha I like a lot of texturizing in my hair and she hardly did any!!
Thanks for the good "base cut" and I am much happier now that I have taken my scissors to it too!!!!

Here is a Before and After shot for you!!!
I am happy with it now, and my hair is so much
healthier!!
Even though I know my hair is still long...
it just feels so short now!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Maggie and I need to do the same but I feel the same way about finding a new stylist....I miss you!

    ReplyDelete