Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hats for the Kiddos!

A few months ago I entered a blog contest over at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. And I won!!! Yay, that like never happens! I was able to choose 3 patterns for crocheting hats! I picked my patterns and then kind of forgot about them! I have been crocheting since I was like 12!!
I used to go to my Great Grandmothers house after school
and she would teach me how to crochet and play crib! Those were definitely special memories for me. And it has been a skill I have kept over all these years. I have made several blankets and a few other small things. Last spring I learned how to crochet some hats for my kids, and they love them.


The contest this fall was for great patterns from Inner Hooker
(don't you love the name). She has a shop on Etsy if you are interested. When I saw all the cute patterns offered by Inner
Hooker I was so excited!! The only problem was after I won the contest I realized I would have to go buy all my crocheting stuff again. I left all mine back home in Alberta!!


I finally got around to getting some yarn and hooks and I whipped up these hats for the kids in a few hours! I was so happy with how they turned out! Aubrey especially loves hers, she was wearing it before I was even finished!









I really like them and I am pretty sure
I will be making a few more
in the near future!





I think this little Owl is my favourite though!!

3 comments:

  1. Those are SO CUTE! I am way impressed! Impressed with your skills AND impressed that you won a giveaway, haha, that never happens to me! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ARE really cute! Nice work...very talented mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOVE them!
    That is my current project even! Well, first relearning how to crochet...THEN learning how to make hats :)

    ReplyDelete