Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Little ALARMING!!!!

More than a little alarming actually......quite loud and very alarming. Our buildings fire alarm went off last night. We aren't talking the little beep beep beep beep of most regular house alarms. We have one of those in our apartment that goes off when something from the stove starts smoking. No this is a really loud, wake you up out of a dead sleep, make you children start screaming, loud whooop whoooop whoooop sound. It lasted at least 5 minutes.
At about 3:45 last night it went off, and shortly after fire trucks started arriving. Not quite sure what to do, not wanting to yank the kids out of their beds if I didn't have too, hoping it was a false alarm, I sent Mike to head downstairs to see what was going on. I tried to keep the kids
from crying while I also ran around finding pants and coats and hats and mitts, and some of our
most important things like all our identification. I kept checking out the window there were at least 3 fire trucks. Right after Mike left for downstairs they announcement came over the loud speaker to stay calm and wait for further instruction!
I called Mike about 2 minutes later and he told me
there was no fire that they were aware of and that it was a false alarm.
Now we were left with a family of four unable to get back to sleep. Mike stayed with Aubrey for a good 45 min before she fell asleep, Mason was still awake when Mike came back to bed at 5:00am. I was awake that entire time and remained awake for a little while after. Thankfully my kids slept until 8:00 this morning!
I am glad that it was only a false alarm and that we still have a house, but it sure made for a long night!

This is the lovely sign we have plastered on the inside of our door!

1 comment:

  1. yes it is a beautiful sign in ur home, haha but glad u are all safe.

    ReplyDelete