Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oh the many things you see.....

Well we have been here for over a month, and it really is feeling like home now. One month down so many more to go!!! We can do it!! ha ha....it actually has been a really fun and amazing and for the most part an easy transition. I wanted to let you all in on some of the big/funny/weird/ or amusing differences of living in downtown Toronto!!
There were some things that really stood out at the beginning that made me feel like "Wow, I am definitely not in small town Alberta any more!! Like for instance......the view out our window went from this
to this!!
Another big one.....we went from driving
this(which I only have missed having once or twice!!)
to relying mostly on this (which is still really exciting for my kids)
and this.
Mason is a real trooper and it is now rare to hear him
complain about his legs being too tired.

We also had our own washer and dryer and now have to go down 5 floors to use the coin operated laundry!!! The bonus of that, is that I can use as many washers and dryers as I need!! Say yes to getting 3-4 loads of laundry all done in and 1 1/2hrs!!! Minus the folding....which I procrastinate!! But a big frown to having to pay for every load :(

But there have also been a lot of little changes that I think are funny or weird or just plain different!! Take for instance milk in a bag.....what the what??? I am serious....you cannot buy 4 liter jugs of milk here. You buy 4 liter bags....which have 3 smaller bags in them that you place in your milk pitchers!!
I still think it is weird :) ha ha

We also used to see black bears.....
and now we see black squirrels....
I don't know why but if you ask me black
squirrels just seem more creepy than the cute little brown ones!! ha ha

There are also very few coniferous trees out here, but a huge variety of everything else resulting in BEAUTIFUL fall colors. The leaves are just starting to change and I am so excited to see all the different colors.
Did I mention that the leaves are HUGE too!!!
Just some of them...lol, I don't know that I
have seen such big leaves on a tree before!

They also like to decorate their flowerbeds with cabbage heads....
I am sure they are not really cabbage heads but that is what they remind me of!
They also cover so many buildings in green stuff too!! ha ha, which I absolutely love!!
The pigeons are everywhere!! Mason loves to
chase them when ever he gets the chance!
And Aubrey is really starting to fit in here! lol, she loves wearing my scarves just as much as I do, but she is so much cuter!!
That is us in a nutshell here! We are loving living in the big city and find it so fun to do all of the neat things Toronto has to offer! We would be more than happy to have anyone come to visit us, so if you are ever out this way give us a shout and we will show you the ropes!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks so awesome Carla! I love all the pics you put up...I also love buildings covered with greenery...I guess I should move to toronto too, ha ha. SO glad you guys are having a great time out there! Happy Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk in a bag still? I haven't seen that in ages!
    Black squirrels? yeah, they look kinda creepy.
    I love the buildings with the plants...
    You are making me want to visit Toronto. Clinton has cousins there and one who lived downtown just LOVED it! Hope you all are having a great time with life :)

    ReplyDelete